Monday 20 February 2017

We can do it!

From what I understand, Johan is near-universally accepted to be one of the better models for his point cost – even if you have to pay an extra soulstone outside of Outcasts. What’s even more important to me is his ability to remove conditions; especially as I’m playing a campaign against my brother’s Guild crew, which loooves to set things on fire. As a consequence, I always knew that he’d be one of my first additions to the crew.

I’m not really that big a fan of the model, and I’m currently rocking an all-female crew anyway, so I picked up the female version (Johana) last at the Black Friday sale. 

I don’t know why, but she always reminds me of Rosie the Riveter.
Here’s my take on her:
I’m trying to stay fairly close to the “original” colors, so she’s a bit dark, but I’m fairly pleased none the less. The leather pants did give me a bit of trouble as my usual “quick” method didn’t work out (leather brown followed by washes of brown and black ink), but I think I managed to fix it up fairly well in the end.

After three games with her, I’m not all that impressed, but it’s likely because I’m playing her way too aggressively. I have to earn to hang back a bit more, and not rush in like I sometimes do with Cassandra (who is harder to kill and is better able to disengage if things get too hot for her).

Croaker

No comments:

Post a Comment